As we come to the end of the Entrepreneurs Chat in the Profit Network chapters, I hope you have learnt some useful tips that you are now implementing in your businesses.
We are closing this discussion with an exciting moment at Thrive where you will get to not only Speed Network but also exhibit your products and services.
If you are looking for a place to network with other business owners, exhibit and sell your products or services then join us for Thrive on 2nd July, 2016.
Speed Networking is an activity that allows you to meet a lot of business owners in a fixed amount of time. You usually have two or three minutes to talk to your networking partner and then a whistle blows and it’s time to switch.
The biggest benefit when Speed Networking is that you’re guaranteed to meet more people than you typically would using traditional networking during the same amount of time. In order to maximize this opportunity it is important to come prepared. Below are some tips on how to prepare well:
- Bring enough business cards: You’ll use a lot of cards during the speed networking portion of the event but you may meet someone during speed networking that might introduce you to other people after the speed networking is over. This happens to me practically every time I’ve done speed networking.
- Have some water before the session to wet and freshen your mouth because your mouth will get dry. I also highly recommend a trip to the restroom right before the speed networking begins. You don’t want to miss making a connection because you needed to take a bathroom break.
- Stay away from people you know: The purpose of speed networking is to meet new people. I recently attended an event with two of my best friends and we each sat apart from each other so that we wouldn’t end up paired up with each other during the event. If you can, find out before you sit down how people will move so that you can ensure that you’ll be talking to people you don’t already know.
- Speak loudly: When you have conversations going on three inches away on both sides of you, it can be hard to hear your partner so speak loudly and clearly. Lean in if you have to and let the other person know if you can’t hear them.
- Stick around until the very end: Networking beforehand helps you meet some of the people in the room so you can make recommendations to people during the event. But during the speed networking portion, you’ll meet people that you’ll want to follow up with afterwards and you might want to introduce some of the people you met during the speed networking portion to each other. Everyone is loosened up and more approachable and the people that are left tend to be more serious about making connections
Speed Networking is an interesting experience and I’m sure you won’t regret it. You will also get an opportunity to exhibit your products and services alongside the networking so you can sell them too. So get your ticket today for Thrive! Call 0707112002 or email info@passiontoprofit for more details.
Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday at Thrive!
To your Thriving!